I saw this cute little saying about the things we did, or how we felt before we were a MOM! And I thought I would elaborate on it, and make it my own. So these thoughts are the way I felt, and the things I did, before I was a MOM!
Before I was a MOM...
~I could sleep through the night, and I sleept-in past 8am!
~I never used my shirt or hand as a napkin, or gave anyone a spit bath!
Before I was a MOM...
~I could sleep through the night, and I sleept-in past 8am!
~I never used my shirt or hand as a napkin, or gave anyone a spit bath!
( so gross)
~I only did laundry and grocery shopping once a week!
~I never got excited, or made up songs and clapped, when someone used the big potty!
~Personal hygiene and showering every day was a necessity not a luxury!
~I only did laundry and grocery shopping once a week!
~I never got excited, or made up songs and clapped, when someone used the big potty!
~Personal hygiene and showering every day was a necessity not a luxury!
(OK, I do bath every day!)
~I never got excited and overjoyed about a home-made gift or card. Or a picture that I could hang on my fridge with pride.
~I said I would NEVER drive a mini van! I ate my words when I had the 3rd baby.
~I recognized myself in the mirror ( I know so sad!)
~I had something to wear, and some how my GOAL jeans have become what use to be my FAT jeans!
~I said I would NEVER drive a mini van! I ate my words when I had the 3rd baby.
~I recognized myself in the mirror ( I know so sad!)
~I had something to wear, and some how my GOAL jeans have become what use to be my FAT jeans!
( I know so Sad!)
~I didn't worry about being someones life support.
~I never pulled over to watch a big tractor or dump truck!
~I never pulled over to watch a big tractor or dump truck!
( You got to love little boys!)
~I could have a conversation over dinner with my husband.
~I never dreaded sacrament, and never felt like I had been through an aerobics class after.
~I could have a conversation over dinner with my husband.
~I never dreaded sacrament, and never felt like I had been through an aerobics class after.
( you would think I would be skinny!)
~I had privacy, no one followed me into the bathroom, I could go potty in peace, no one begged to take a bath or shower with me, or pounded on the door while I dressed.
~I did not have to be a referee for a fight, or decide the punishment for a crime I usually did not witness.
~I never listened to some one tell me all the types, and attacks of Pokemon,
~I had privacy, no one followed me into the bathroom, I could go potty in peace, no one begged to take a bath or shower with me, or pounded on the door while I dressed.
~I did not have to be a referee for a fight, or decide the punishment for a crime I usually did not witness.
~I never listened to some one tell me all the types, and attacks of Pokemon,
(moms with boys age 6-12 can relate!)
~I had more than 10-20 min. to get ready!
~I had more than 10-20 min. to get ready!
( I can remember actually primping, those were the days!)
~My house and car could stay clean for more than 5-10 min.
~I could call in sick, and go back to bed when feeling under the weather!
~My Birthday was fun! And I actually got a Christmas present!
~No one ate all my GUM, and then got it in their hair, or on my carpet!
~I did not read the same story, or watch the same movie over, and over, and over again.
~ Someones nap did not make or break my whole day!
~My kitchen was not a all you can eat buffet 24/7
~My bath tub was not used like the city pool!
~I never had toys down my toilet ( I actually had two plugged with toys at the same time)
~I watched what I wanted to on TV ! ( Marriage ruined that one too!)
~My house and car could stay clean for more than 5-10 min.
~I could call in sick, and go back to bed when feeling under the weather!
~My Birthday was fun! And I actually got a Christmas present!
~No one ate all my GUM, and then got it in their hair, or on my carpet!
~I did not read the same story, or watch the same movie over, and over, and over again.
~ Someones nap did not make or break my whole day!
~My kitchen was not a all you can eat buffet 24/7
~My bath tub was not used like the city pool!
~I never had toys down my toilet ( I actually had two plugged with toys at the same time)
~I watched what I wanted to on TV ! ( Marriage ruined that one too!)
~I could remember things
~ I could exercise when I wanted to!
~I never gave someone the first or last bite!
~I never tripped over kids on my floor in the night!
~I never needed to be 5 places at once.
~I never had fat BLACK sharpie marker on my front porch( Dad was babysitting!), or had black spray paint on my back wall that says Hi! with a few other scribbles! Yes, we look like we are straight out of Compton, and yes it was my fault for leaving a can of spray paint with a tiny bit left in it out after I am sure I magicly turned something un-cool, to cool with a coat of BLACK spray paint! It really is magic! And I am sure anyone who knows me can guess which kid did it! What do you do with crazy curious boys!
Before I was a Mom I also never knew the joy, the love, or the happiness of being someones everything!( except for Eric) Or felt so excited at all the mile stones of someones life. or loved slobbery kisses, and toothless grins and big bear hugs. Or thought that I could, and truly would give my life for someone I just met!
Before I was a Mom I also never knew the joy, the love, or the happiness of being someones everything!( except for Eric) Or felt so excited at all the mile stones of someones life. or loved slobbery kisses, and toothless grins and big bear hugs. Or thought that I could, and truly would give my life for someone I just met!
I really do love being a Mom, despite all the things I use to do, and have
(like a waist) And I would do it all again for the reward of having my kids!







9 comments:
I love all of your cute thoughts!! Hope everyone is feeling better.
Kelsi, you are so cute and funny! Fun read- I can relate on so many levels. It's nice to know we aren't alone as mothers.
I by chance ran into your blog and thought....That looks just like our family about 8-10 years ago. Wow! How time flies and it just gets better and better.
How great that you found me!! I have to say that blogging is a fantastic way to meet up with old friends and see what life is like for them. Looks like you are busy as ever. Your children are darling!! How in the world do you do it? I would love keeping in touch. I enjoyed seeing the picture of your mom. You're right, she is beautiful. Tell her and your dad I said "Hello!"
I got an email like that recently. It is so true what we do to become mommys huh? But it is worth it.
Hi Kelsi,
Thanks for your fun comment. Gosh, I feel like I know you! Or maybe I should say I know what you are going through. hee hee Ü I was right about the time frame. My kids are: Jordan 19, Justin 17, Jalen 14, Johnny 11, Lonica 8 (almost 9). I would love to stay in touch. It's a small world after all. xxxooo Lynell
Kelsi- Thanks for leaving a comment. It has been so long since I have seen you. Wow....5 kids and they are SO cute and I am happy you got a girl. How is Cody? Tell him hi. Take care....Missy
Kelsi,
I am so happy that you found my blog. O.K. has it really been that long...you now have a beautiful little girl. Congrats! Your family is absolutely gorgeous! Love your latest post, SO TRUE! I am glad that you have found me, I will for surely be putting you on my "regular blog visits." Keep in touch. amy
Kels- you are the best & have such a creative mind.... yes Still! I love it
Loves
Jodi
Post a Comment