I want to share...
I love to write...
I hope to one day be an author of children's books! And my son Dylan wants to illustrate.
He came to me the other day and told me to write a story, and he would illustrate it! This is something we share! He loves to be creative, he loves to draw and write and make believe. I think he gets it from me. Maybe its because our Birthdays are only two days apart, maybe it is because we are both second born but what ever the reason it is special!
He told me to write a story about an animal race. And I wrote it in about 5-10 minutes. It is not my best writing but can be fun if you read it with enthusiasm. I think the story teller has as much to do with a story as the story writer! He has not illustrated it yet.
I have been feeling compelled to share my writing with you! So I will share one of my books with you. first let me tell you about it.
I love to dance...
I took dance for 18 years...
It is in me..
deep with in me!
When I hear music I can't help but dance!
Sometimes I don't even realize I am doing it! ( until I look over at a stop light and notice someone is watching me like I am a crazy lady!)
I wrote this book a while back. I went to my inner child when I wrote it, and wrote purely from my child like perspective! I hope you enjoy it, and hopefully I can publish it one day! This has not been edited yet. Enjoy!
Look at me dancing...
I feel as light as a bird, I express how I am feeling with out saying a word!
I sparkle, I twinkle, I light up the floor.
Life with out dance would be such a bore!
Look at me dancing...
I twirl, and whirl with out any care.
If someone is watching, I don’t notice them there!
I always make sure I put on my best smile, jumping and spinning, dancing all the while!
Look at me dancing...
I love the fluffy skirt that I wear.
By chance, did you notice the pretty pink bow in my hair?
I love doing pleas holding on to the bar,
now watch me releve, I am reaching for a star!
Look at me dancing...
With the wave of my wand, I am a magical fairy!
I am dancing on stage, and it’s not even scary!
When I am dancing it is as if I am in another world.
I love to feel my hair on my face, especially if it is curled!
Look at me dancing...
Are you watching me Mom and Dad?
I really think dancing is the most fun I’ve ever had!
I love the music, the rhythm the beat.
When I hear the music start, I just can’t help but move my feet!
Look at me dancing...
Sometimes when I leap I feel like I can really fly!
When it is time to stop dancing, I want to cry!
When dance class is over, I promise I wont throw a fit!
It’s just I love to take dancing.
And I never EVER want to QUIT!






14 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to meet you Kelsi girl. I hope that you will get this illustrated.... it will be darling.... at least read it to our Loni... I know that she feels the same way.
thanks again for your comments and concern....it does not look like Erin will get this baby but we are still praying and hoping.
Have a dancing good day
Kelsi, your such an inspiration to all of us. Excellent mother and person. Thanks for your uplifting blog. Cute kids too...
You are such a great mom. I need to be better like you. Great story...
You have a great talent Kelsi! What a cute story - you need to publish this someday. Hope you are all doing good. Camerlee
So cute and fun to read. I teach about 160 girls dance each week. I am sure they would all LOVE to buy your book. I know I would. Ü
Kesi,
I love that story, and Amber is going to as well. I mean anyone who has ever danced, or had a child dance will relate to it. Thanks for letting us come over it was so great to see you. Paula
You deserve credit where credit is due!!! You are so special Kelsi...even on your bad days I feel inspired by you.
Darling! My girls would LOVE it!
I really do like this one. You are so creative. You really need to pursue it more.
I remember when we were dancing fools. Going to the clubs, getting all the attention. Sure we might get attention if we go now but for a whole other reason.HEHE
You know I love this one & can't wait for you to publish it!! Happy bday-- it was fun going to lunch & hanging out. I hope you have a great one
Luvs
jodi
How fun to read! Thanks =]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
I miss you so much. We both must be really busy lately. I've missed your "bright side to everything" attitude. Lets get together for your birthday this week.
Love April
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! your writing...you shouldnt wait till someday, do it now! your so gifted:)
Post a Comment