Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Moments that matter

Moments that matter...
That's the name of my blog.
But the last year it should have been called
Complain, blah blah blah complain some more, blah blah!
LOL!
So are there good moments in my life that really matter?
YES!

And I had one the other night that I have to blog about!
So for Christmas this year I really wanted to give my kids something special.
Something meaningful. Something that could bring them closer to me!
I feel my little birds are growing to large to fit under my wing, and it makes me sad!
I miss holding each of them. I miss the closeness I had with them when they were my babies. When they NEEDED me and I held them close. I have had a few crying moments lately about them getting big. I am not baby hungry, and I do not want any more (we are DONE) I just want my babies back! I look at their pictures and I want to go back and hold them, and play with them as little babies and toddlers! My baby boy turned 7 last week! I so don't like that time has to go so fast! Sooo back to my Christmas gift. So I bought each of my kids their own bottle of lotion. I know that sounds lame. But... there is more to it. I told them that this is their special lotion that I want to remind them of me and special time with their Mom. And when ever they are in need of my time or attention they can bring me their lotion and I will rub their feet and snuggle with them! I know that certain scents can take me back in time. like the smell of suave hairspray takes me back to High school and my bigger than big hair! So I really hope that when my kids smell their special smell of lotion it will take them back to time spent with me :)
So a week or so ago Bridger went and got all ready for bed and came in and brought me his bottle of lotion for some Mommy and Bridger time. We went in my room and I rubbed his feet which are pretty ticklish, and he giggled! All my kids are ticklish like their Daddy! Anyway Ava came in and wanted her feet rubbed too and then they were so sweet and wanted to rub my feet. It was a sweet moment! So I told Bridger to go get my camera as I wanted to take pictures to remember that moment! He got my camera and I started to take pictures. Then they came and laid by me and we took pictures of us making silly faces, then I would show them the picture and then we would laugh and take another one. This was a complete BLAST! We were laughing our heads off and having so much fun doing something so simple and silly!
We took a lot of pictures! I wanted to share them here on my blog
and share a moment that truly mattered.
* I normally don't take pictures of myself and this was not a planned moment so this is the real deal me! Double chin and all!... the way I look many days at the end of a busy day! I am chubby but life is to short to worry all the time about being perfect! I'm not perfect but these moments and memories are. I love spending time with my kiddos! Now if I could just freeze time :) Enjoy!










A little seductive lol!







This was the one I told them to just give a real smile...They both pulled a face and thought it was hilarious after they saw it! Silly kids!






And it all ends in crying! of course! LOL!

3 comments:

bethi said...

i love love love this! Its so true, smells take you WAY back! what a great idea! i love the pictures too! miss ya, just barely got the internet up...unpacking...blah blah blah lolalcha

Amy said...

fun moments!! i am going to go check out etsy!!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a precious post about your moments that matter. I love the lotion idea. I wish that I had thought of that when my little ones were home. Now my baby is 34... I think it is too late for lotion.

I love this post. It makes me smile.
By the way, I am so sorry that I missed you coming to Disneyland. My phone is terrible about not sending me my messages. I didn't get your message until weeks after you sent it. I have complained to Verizon several times about getting my messages really late or not getting them at all. As you can see from me not getting your message they have not fixed the problem. If you plan to come again please keep calling until you reach me. You can't depend on me getting a message within the next month!
Hugs, Lura