Monday, March 17, 2008

Sunday Spotlight! My Hubby Eric ( a day late sorry!)

Eric and Ava, so sweet!
Eric with Ava's tight grip around his finger, though I think it is the other way around... She has him wrapped around her finger!
Eric in Hawaii, love the flower in the hat! Yes, I put it there
Eric and Brexan, on Brexan's special day! Dec. 2005
Ava and Daddy Christmas 2007! So Cute!

So I am a day late doing my Sunday spot light, please forgive me. I really should not even be doing it right now as I have 6-8 loads of laundry I should be folding, dishes in the sink with my name on them( not literally!) and I should be cleaning, or sleeping, but I am so glad to finally have a way to keep a journal. Even if it can be read by anyone and everyone, I guess I am an open book any way, I usually tell a stranger/ future friend my whole life story in the check out line at the store, and then some how say, "by the way my name is Kelsi." I know, my poor husband dreads going through Wal-mart with me! It takes twice as long, and costs twice as much!
Any way back to my Sunday spotlight. So as you can see this week, it is also someone else I could not, and would not want to live with out! It is my cute, fun, and amazingly wonderful husband Eric. This next Sunday, March 23rd is our 12 year Anniversary, It is also Ava's 1st B-day, and Yes! It is Easter Sunday! A triple whammy of blessings, all tied up into one special day! So next Sunday I will be spotlighting my little girl, Ava! I am sure you will not want to miss it! So once again back to Eric. Where should I begin... humm. OK, Eric Dale Ackley was born 12-22-72 in Provo Utah, he is the fourth of 8 kids, and was a early Christmas present to his Mom! He was raised in Provo, and also lived in the Marshall Islands where he learned to Surf, and lucky for me did not drown! He served a LDS Mission to Budapest, Hungary. So he can speak Marshalese and Hungarian, both have come in real handy! Ha ha!
On July 1st, 1995 We met, and my whole life changed forever. My heart pounds just thinking back to that day. I lived in St.George, and he lived in Provo. We met at a concert in Park City. My good friends Danielle, Sydney, and I all went together, there were not very many people at the concert, and it was a big open room with a stage, not the usual stadium seating. Any way I can still remember the moment I first saw him, he really did take my breath away. I saw him walk in with his friend Dave, and he looked my way, I said to Danielle, pointing at him, "I want that guy right there." OK, I know I was kind-of, OK really boy crazy! But I can honestly say I had never laid eyes on anyone more beautiful to me than Eric! He still takes my breath away now, almost 13 years later. Any way he was on a date with another girl, which posed a slight problem and challenge. She was with a friend, and they kept running off which gave Eric and I a chance to exchange a few glances and smiles. Well, Danielle thought his friend was kind of cute,( big mistake, and another whole story!) so she said she was going to go over and say" Hi", and the rest is history! We exchange phone numbers, and he even hugged me goodbye! The next day we went to church together and I remember looking over at his side profile, I could see his beautiful dark long eyelashes, I remember thinking to myself, "I want my babies to have those eyelashes."( I love long eyelashes, and I have always loved babies, so this was a perfect combo!) We spent the rest of the weekend together, and then talked on the phone for at least a hour every day. We missed each other so much that he actually drove his street motorcycle all the way down from Provo, to St. George to see me! My dad said "she is either going to break his heart, or Marry him!" He moved to St. George in Sep. We were engaged in Dec, and Married, March 23rd, 1996. We have added to our mix 4 boys, and 1 girl and we still are in love! Well that was a long intro. to how we got started, but as many of you know I am a woman of many words.
Eric is such an amazing husband. He is my big security blanket from this crazy world. He has taught me so much in the almost 13 years we have been together, he is honestly my everything! He has taught me unconditional love by loving me in spite of my many faults and imperfections. He supports me in all I do, and lets me be who I am. He never expects anything from me, and he appreciates all the little things I do! He notices, and thanks me for a good meal, and a clean house. Because it is on a rare occasion he has both, or either J/K. He is so laid back and fun, everyone loves Eric. He is still so cute and boyish, I love it! I love that he still pretends to be 15 and skate boards at the skate park with our boys. He is still very good at it! I feel bad though that I don't feel bad for him, or sympathetic when he gets hurt. I have enough ouchies to kiss! Sorry honey, J/K.
He is such a wonderful daddy as you can see in his pictures. He loves his kids, and they know it! It has been such a treat to see him with our little girl, it is as if she was born with a special key that unlocked a part of his heart he didn't know even existed. He is such a sucker for her, I never knew that seeing him with her would be so special. I swear she just looks at him different. And he even has said"Don't you think she just looks at you different than the boy's did?", "No, I say, I think she just melts your heart different." I think she is setting her self up to get what ever she wants for the rest of her life, I think all she will have to do is look at him with her big blue eyes, ( and his long lashes) and say pleeease daddy, and her wish will be his command!
Well I know that this is long, but what can I say, I am still crazy in love with him! He makes my life worth living, I know with out question that we were meant to be together, and I am so glad that he is the one that I get to spend this life and Eternity with! So today, I spotlight someone who deserves the spot light more often. Eric, you had me "even before hello", and you totally complete me! I love you today, tomorrow, always and forever! Thanks for all you are, and all you do for me and our family, I love you!

7 comments:

april hickman said...

Kelsi, that was such a sweet tribute to Eric. He is all of those things. You two are made for each other! Sweet, sweet post.
April

DANIELLE HENDERSON said...

Eric is such a great guy.. I'm so happy that you guys are still so inlove...

Danielle Christiansen said...

I havnt laughed that hard in a while. remembering that crazy night you met. loved the part about me & dave whole other story. (you wont be needing this anymore) lol. I am so glad you two were meant for each other. Two very wonderful people. great spot light & oh too cute pics of hima and ava.

Shanna said...

How sweet, I love how you put everything into words. Eric is so lucky to have you. Love Ya!

Sparks in the Desert said...

What a great spotlight on Eric! Happy 12th anniversary you love birds!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

What a sweet spotlight Kels! You are always so good w/ words too :) You do have an amazing guy who loves you. You guys are one of my favorite couples-seriously. I can always be myself around you, & Eric. Love you guys,
Jodi

Kisten Downey said...

I am so jealous of your blog... i am totally so bad at this i need a lot of practice... someday maybe i will be good at this stuff.. kisten