

Bridger True Ackley was born January 13, 2004, he is 4 yrs old and our fourth son! I guess I should start with his ultrasound where we first learned that we would be having our fourth son! I am anxious Annie as any of you who know me, know. I honestly wish the test you take to find out you are prego would turn Pink if it's a girl, or blue if it's a boy! Needless to say I am glad we live in the day and age of ultrasounds! So I had to find out earlier than the 20 week scan if it was a boy or girl! So Eric and I went to sneak peak video in LasVegas to find out! On the drive down I had the most comforting feeling, maybe the spirit was trying to assure me that it would be alright to have another son. As soon as she put the probe on my belly and I looked up at the screen I could only see his head but I knew, I knew it was another boy! I even said "It's a boy" The ultrasound tech wanted to let us fall in love with him, before she told us the gender. She confirmed it that he was indeed a Boy! I can't explain it but I bonded to him right then and there on that ultrasound monitor, I loved him, he was mine, my baby, and it did not matter that he was another boy! I can't really explain it other than I know the spirit was so strong, and my love for him was so special, I almost felt defensive of him to the world that he was not so special because he was "Just another boy" our friend said we should name him Justin Other Boy Ackley! Ha Ha! Anyway I could see him in heaven sitting on heavenly fathers lap looking down on his crazy anxious " I want a girl" Mom saying" I hope it's OK, I hope they will not be upset or sad." I cry just thinking about that moment.
I actually laughed when she told us, Eric seemed more in shock. I called my mom and the boys to tell them. I told them that he saw them playing, and he wanted to come play with them too! Bridger was born 3 1/2 weeks early and had to stay an extra day in ICU, and then at 2 weeks he got RSV, and was hospitalized for 6 days! He had a rough start! I can still remember the first time I really got to see him, they had to wheel me down to the ICU, I had no complications with my other 3 births so this was scary, and new for me! I remember falling in love all over again! His side profile was so cute! Daddy's tipped up nose, ski jump as he calls it! and Grandpa Webbers deep dimple in his chin! Mommies lips, Soft peach fuzz on his head, and of course the big Ackley rings under his eyes due to the large beautiful eyes that were to come! I love Bridgers eyes, they are a green blue color like Grandpa Ackleys and you can see his eyelids when his eyes are open! He looks like his Daddy, with mommies coloring!
I love my Bridger so much! He tries so hard to keep up with the boys! He loves the movie cars, and spider man! He goes to pre-school. He loves his friends and plays a lot with Katie Sandberg, and Kaden McKinlay, they are such cute buddies! Bridger loves to stay up late like his Mom, and sleeps in! He is so funny! He calls himself Bridger with a D Diger, which has kind of stuck as his nick name! He is such a cute big brother to Ava, or Aba as he calls her. I love being his Mommy and would not trade him for anything in this world! We are blessed to have him in our lives! Bridger, thanks for choosing to come to our family! You are so loved and wanted, more than you know!I love you forever and ever buddy!
Loves, Mommy








9 comments:
What a cute little toad!! I love that last picture.
that last pic is awesome! you should totally frame that in your house! you have the most beautiful children! you sound like an amazing mom! i love reading up on your blog! it inspires me to be a better mom!
What a wonderful tribute. He is lucky to have a mom like you. It's funny, I felt the same way with my number 4. I had no doubt that as much as I wanted a girl he was just what we needed.
Awww he is such a doll. See you in a couple days!
He's a cutie. Love his name, too. And what a great idea to spotlight a child each week.
Kelsi,
I love your spotlight sunday idea. What a darling little guys you have. Also, where did you get those pictures taken of all of your kids. The black and white ones. I love them!
He is such a sweetie!!
He is so cute and keeps up with those older boys like a champ!
I love this kid too-- I will never forget how you made me feel when I found out about my 3rd boy! You are the best & always see the Positive :) We are so blessed to have such beautiful AweSomE BoyS!!
Loves
Jodi
Post a Comment