I found the words to the Country song by Trace Adkins, You're gonna miss this. This is especially for April because she told me she heard it on the radio the other day and was touched to tears.
It is so true life goes so fast, and even though being a Mom is tough, and some days near unbearable and I wonder why I signed up for 5 kids, I know I am gonna miss it, miss their big hugs and kisses, I will miss holding them when they are to big for my lap, and sad when they don't need to hold my hand, or have me tuck them in. I will be so sad to not have a baby to snuggle and kiss, I will miss the cute innocence of having little ones around! So enjoy today, because one day you will look back and miss it!
You're gonna miss this
She was starin' out the window of that SUV Complainin' sayin' I can't wait to turn 18 She said I'll make my own money and I'll make my own roots Mama put the car in park out there in front of the school and she kissed her head and said I was just like you
You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this
Before she knows it she's a brand new bride In her one bedroom apartment and her daddy stops by He tells her it's a nice place, she says it'll do for now Starts talkin' about babies and buyin' a house Daddy shakes his face and says Baby just slow down Cuz
you're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times so take a good look around You may not know it now but you're gonna miss this
Five years later there's a plummer workin' on the water heater,Dogs barkin' phones ringin' one kid's cryin' one kid's screamin',And she keeps apologizing, he says they don't bother me I got 2 babies of my own one's 36 one's 23 it's hard to believe But
you're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times so take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this You're gonna miss this Yeah, you're gonna miss this
Sunday, April 27, 2008
You're gonna miss this!
Posted by bows and more at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
love that song!!!! Oh and i posted the bows we bought from you on my blog. hopefully you'll get some looks.
Yeah, this song kills me. I struggle with living in the moment daily. I love the song though. It's a good reminder for me.
How was your weekend?
Such a good song. I need to be reminded of that daily. Love the pics of your kids on the side bar they are so cute. You are seriously going to be in trouble when those boys start dating! Heart Breakers!
Post a Comment