




I Have missed a few Sundays, and have been sad that I have not done my Sunday spotlight for my sweet Dylan! So here goes!
I found a treasure the other day! I was not even looking for one! But there it was, a treasure laid before my eyes! I got a glimpse of life through a child's eyes, my child's eyes, and it was precious!
We all know that school is out, and at the end of the year our children bring home oodles of papers that we have to rummage through, sort and throw out ( only when they are not looking of course!) In the midst of my rummaging I found it, Dylan's journal from school! I remember days past of having to write my life happenings every day in my school journal. Reading through Dylans journal was such a priceless treat! Seeing the views of life from his eyes filled my heart with childlike happiness! It was so neat to see his perspective of what we did as a family, and the things he viewed as the special things, and the best things! He was so positive in the way he described every day, and found joy in the simple pleasures of life! I really found a treasure! Something I will keep with me forever! I loved that he ended almost every entry with "It was the best weekend ever" "Or the best time ever!" He wrote about Christmas and said that it was "the best Christmas ever!" Finding that journal was like finding a million thank you cards for all the things I do, and have done for him! I was so touched that I wrote him a note and put it in his lunch telling him how proud I was of him, and how much I loved him! Dylan really is such a wonderful little boy who is filled with wonder of the world around him!
So now for his spotlight! Dylan James ( named James for my GP ) was born Oct,4,1999 in Provo Utah he is the 2nd of 5 kids, and has a very special place in our family, and in my heart!
Dylan was born just 2 days before my B-day so I got to go home from the hospital with the best B-day present ever! When he was born, I looked down at him and could not believe that he was MY baby and that he came out of ME! He was born with a lot of dark wavy hair and looked so different than Brexan did! I fell madly in love with him from the first glance!
I had a thought the other day, there is instant coffee, instant pudding, instant potatoes, but nothing is as instant as the love of a mother for her child! That was exactly how I felt! I was hooked, again! It really is crazy that we can think something covered with goo, wrinkly, swollen, and crying at the top of it's lungs is the most beautiful thing we have ever laid eyes on!
Dylan was such a wonderful baby and toddler! He has such a sweet disposition! He is gentle and kind, he loves the world around him and loves babies(especially baby Ava) and animals! he loves bugs! He probably hates me for hiring a exterminator! Because he loves to collect and study all bugs! He is such a fun little curious George! He loves lizards, and frogs and really enjoys being out doors with nature! He loves Sharks!!! He reads about them, He writes about them he draws them, he watches documentaries about them! He really is so awe struck by Sharks! It was cute one day he printed pictures of them off the Internet and tried to sell the pictures in front of our house like a lemon aid stand for $2 each! I love the innocence of little boys!
Dylan has the sweetest puppy dog eyes! They melt my heart! One of my favorite things about Dylan is he has the softest place to pet on the back of his perfectly round head, when he gets a hair cut it is so soft like a puppy dog!
Dylan is such a great little student! He loves school, especially arts and crafts! He is a great little writer too! He brings so much happiness to our family! All my boys are so sweet ( most the time), especially Dylan, they always pick me flowers/ dandelions when ever we go to the park or on a walk! One day I was in the shower, and the shower door opened! It was Dylan standing there with something behind his back, I said for him to go out because I was in the shower!
I saw he had something in his hand behind his back, and assumed that he had broken something or he was hiding something from me! I asked him "what do you have!" He brought a dandelion from behind his back and gave it to me! I was so touched! He really is so sweet!
Dylan you are my sunshine! You really do light up my day! Thank you for being such a peace maker in our family! You add so much happiness and joy to my life! I pray that some day you will be blessed to have a child as sweet and loving as you are! You are so special! I don't know what I did to deserve you! You are one of my dearest treasures!
I Love you forever, and ever!
Loves, Mommy








5 comments:
Kelsi-
Your kids are so adorable. I love the black and white photos. I still can't believe how grown up the are. It seems like just barely you were living in Provo with just Brexan and Dylan. Time flies. I love your saying, "I am blessed to be stressed."
That was my favorite thing, reading the girls journals they brought home. I totally know what you mean and it really is a treasure. Great spotlight for Dylan
Hey Kelsi, thanks for your note on my blog. I love what you wrote in this post...so great to spotlight kids every once in a while. He sounds like such a sweetie.
But this post made me so sad not one of my school-age kids brought home journals this year. I usually relish taking time to read the funny things they wrote and I'm just so darn sad they had NOTHING this year. So, soak up what you got for me!
What's the baby blog's name? I so need a name for this little boy! I love all of your Sunday Spotlights! You have such sweet boys!
I love Dylan-- you are so sweet with your darling tributes! :) We are going to swim ALOT this summer- it will fly by- & hopefully my "sitch" will too :)
Love you lots-don't know what I'd do without you,
Jodi
Post a Comment