~I wrote this today, I guess I needed to get some of my emotions out on paper, I hope it makes sense and some of you stay at home mommies can relate, and hopefully if you have not had children it doesn't scare you from ever having them J/K! These are my thoughts as they came to me today! I hope you get me~
Life, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so great, some days I am on, and some days I am way off! Some days the sun is shining all day long, some days it is a full fledged storm, raining apple juice and cheerios on my freshly mopped floor! Some days I am full of energy and I go, go, go, other days I can't get going, and I am slow, slow, slow! Some days there is nothing but good to report,other days I have to dig deep to find a hidden treasure in my day! Sometimes I feel so motivated I could climb a mountain, other days I want to hide out in a dark cave! Sometimes I feel like the sun is shining deep within my soul, and happiness is pouring out of every pore! Other days I feel like I am crying internally, and my insides are so full of un cried tears that if they could they would gush like a flood out of every opening! Sometimes I laugh inside at the joy of the simplicity of life, sometimes my heart aches and feels like it is a heavy weight pulling me down to the ground. Sometimes I would give anything, and everything, to anyone, and everyone, and sometimes I am so empty I have nothing left to give! Sometimes my door is wide open with a welcome mat, for the whole world to come in and feel the warmth of my soul, and sometimes my door is shut tight with locks that don't have a key! Sometimes I feel like I am screaming at the top of my lungs for help, and everyone around me has sound proof head phones on! Sometimes I feel as if I am trapped in a closet of boredom surrounded by food, I eat, trying to fill my empty soul with happiness! Some days I feel like I want my life to slow down so I can savor every second of the happy times, I want to hold my baby forever and never have empty arms! Sometimes I wish I could fly away and soar above all the problems of the world, I can feel the weight of the world around me brush off my shoulders as I fly high above the troubled world below! Sometimes I feel like I wish I could go back, and go forward at the same time, I wish that I could really relive the good, erase the bad and never let go of the present. Sometimes I wear glasses that only see the glass half full and I feel the possibilities of this life are endless. Sometimes I only see with tunnel vision and can not see the brightness of the future because of my own darkened glasses. Some days I feel like I am running a race on a treadmill! Some days I wish would never start, and others I wish would never end! Sometimes I feel like I am a dog chasing my tail around, and around, in circles I feel so dizzy, I want to fall down and feel the earth spin around in my head like when I was a kid. Some days doing laundry feels like chipping away at an iceberg, that freezes faster than I can chip. Some days my bed is made, most days it is not. Sometimes I feel so close to God, I feel like he is my closest friend, and some days it feels like he has left me, and gone on vacation, (maybe I have) Sometimes I want to cry, but can't feel my emotions. Sometimes I want a moments peace to rest my mind, and my thoughts. Some times I wish I could disappear and go no where. Some times I want to be the one in time out, and not get to come out of my room for the rest of the day! Sometimes I want someone to kiss my ouchies all better, and tell me everything will be OK. Sometimes I feel the joy of life holding my hand playing ring around the rosies with me. And I realize in life "we all fall down!" Some days I feel like a bird and I want to peck every ones eyes out! Some days I feel like a kola bear, and I want to hug on everyone. Sometimes I wish I had the guts to say what I am really thinking. Sometimes I feel like my children's voices are angelic and every sound they make is like music to my ears, and some days I tune them out, and they sound muffled, like I am under water. Some days I am blind to my imperfections, and some days it as if I am under my own microscope, and I am ready to dissect my self. Some days I wish I had a magic wand and could make all my dreams come true, and then I think I would probably wish for everything to be as it is, OK maybe a few minor changes! Some days my focus is so blurry I need prescription lenses to see clearly my life's purpose, and other days I can see my purpose so clear, all the way to heaven. Sometimes I reach the end of my maternal rope and want to tie it around my neck! Sometimes I smile, when I am frowning inside, sometimes my eyes are open, but I am asleep inside numbing my thoughts from reality. Sometimes I am so alive I feel like I have two spirits inside of me jumping for joy! Some times I want to be the star of the show, in the center of the stage, and some times I want to sprinkle magic dust on me, and make my self disappear. Sometimes my thoughts are so clear, I can see past every obstacle to my eternal goal. Some times there is nothing but orange cones everywhere I look, and I feel trapped and I can't move. Some times I feel full and complete, other times I am an empty hole. Sometimes I feel like I have springs on my feet, other times my shoes are made of lead. Sometimes I wish I did not understand English, or any language for that matter! I wish I could mute the whole world.
Sometimes I feel like I am dancing inside, and I choreograph the most beautiful dance ever. Sometimes I get a glance of myself from eternal eyes. Sometimes my spirit and body unite, and I am moved to do miracles. Sometimes I think of life, and the amazing role of God and all of his power. Some times the ring of the phone sounds like music to my ears, an escape from the chaos of my run down nest! Sometimes the computer is my best friend and worst enemy, same with the phone! Some days the laughter of my children is the best part of my day! Sometimes the thought of making dinner, and doing dishes makes me thankful for little Caesars. Sometimes when I count my many blessings I forget how to add. And sometimes my cup runneth over. And then I think, I am in charge, I have a choice, I am in the drivers seat of my life and I am in control. I have the power to focus on the good, or to focus on the bad, I create my reality, so why are some days good, and some so bad??? I think we would not know the good if we never had a taste of the bad! So I am grateful for bad days, because with out them we would not know to fully appreciate the good! So tomorrow I am going to choose to open my eyes and see the good, I am going to put on the glasses that only see the glass of life half full, and the shoes with the bouncy springs like Tigger, but why tomorrow when I can choose it today, maybe I will not get tomorrow? We really never know, so why should I waste one more moment with the dark glasses on that dim the brightness of life, they don't look good on me anyway, and I really DO have a choice. So today I choose Joy! I hope you will too!
* This was the thought on the daily motivator today! I thought it was interesting how well it went along with what I was getting at, at the end of my post, so I thought I would add it, Enjoy!
Friday, June 13, 2008
The life you choose
Life, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so great, some days I am on, and some days I am way off! Some days the sun is shining all day long, some days it is a full fledged storm, raining apple juice and cheerios on my freshly mopped floor! Some days I am full of energy and I go, go, go, other days I can't get going, and I am slow, slow, slow! Some days there is nothing but good to report,other days I have to dig deep to find a hidden treasure in my day! Sometimes I feel so motivated I could climb a mountain, other days I want to hide out in a dark cave! Sometimes I feel like the sun is shining deep within my soul, and happiness is pouring out of every pore! Other days I feel like I am crying internally, and my insides are so full of un cried tears that if they could they would gush like a flood out of every opening! Sometimes I laugh inside at the joy of the simplicity of life, sometimes my heart aches and feels like it is a heavy weight pulling me down to the ground. Sometimes I would give anything, and everything, to anyone, and everyone, and sometimes I am so empty I have nothing left to give! Sometimes my door is wide open with a welcome mat, for the whole world to come in and feel the warmth of my soul, and sometimes my door is shut tight with locks that don't have a key! Sometimes I feel like I am screaming at the top of my lungs for help, and everyone around me has sound proof head phones on! Sometimes I feel as if I am trapped in a closet of boredom surrounded by food, I eat, trying to fill my empty soul with happiness! Some days I feel like I want my life to slow down so I can savor every second of the happy times, I want to hold my baby forever and never have empty arms! Sometimes I wish I could fly away and soar above all the problems of the world, I can feel the weight of the world around me brush off my shoulders as I fly high above the troubled world below! Sometimes I feel like I wish I could go back, and go forward at the same time, I wish that I could really relive the good, erase the bad and never let go of the present. Sometimes I wear glasses that only see the glass half full and I feel the possibilities of this life are endless. Sometimes I only see with tunnel vision and can not see the brightness of the future because of my own darkened glasses. Some days I feel like I am running a race on a treadmill! Some days I wish would never start, and others I wish would never end! Sometimes I feel like I am a dog chasing my tail around, and around, in circles I feel so dizzy, I want to fall down and feel the earth spin around in my head like when I was a kid. Some days doing laundry feels like chipping away at an iceberg, that freezes faster than I can chip. Some days my bed is made, most days it is not. Sometimes I feel so close to God, I feel like he is my closest friend, and some days it feels like he has left me, and gone on vacation, (maybe I have) Sometimes I want to cry, but can't feel my emotions. Sometimes I want a moments peace to rest my mind, and my thoughts. Some times I wish I could disappear and go no where. Some times I want to be the one in time out, and not get to come out of my room for the rest of the day! Sometimes I want someone to kiss my ouchies all better, and tell me everything will be OK. Sometimes I feel the joy of life holding my hand playing ring around the rosies with me. And I realize in life "we all fall down!" Some days I feel like a bird and I want to peck every ones eyes out! Some days I feel like a kola bear, and I want to hug on everyone. Sometimes I wish I had the guts to say what I am really thinking. Sometimes I feel like my children's voices are angelic and every sound they make is like music to my ears, and some days I tune them out, and they sound muffled, like I am under water. Some days I am blind to my imperfections, and some days it as if I am under my own microscope, and I am ready to dissect my self. Some days I wish I had a magic wand and could make all my dreams come true, and then I think I would probably wish for everything to be as it is, OK maybe a few minor changes! Some days my focus is so blurry I need prescription lenses to see clearly my life's purpose, and other days I can see my purpose so clear, all the way to heaven. Sometimes I reach the end of my maternal rope and want to tie it around my neck! Sometimes I smile, when I am frowning inside, sometimes my eyes are open, but I am asleep inside numbing my thoughts from reality. Sometimes I am so alive I feel like I have two spirits inside of me jumping for joy! Some times I want to be the star of the show, in the center of the stage, and some times I want to sprinkle magic dust on me, and make my self disappear. Sometimes my thoughts are so clear, I can see past every obstacle to my eternal goal. Some times there is nothing but orange cones everywhere I look, and I feel trapped and I can't move. Some times I feel full and complete, other times I am an empty hole. Sometimes I feel like I have springs on my feet, other times my shoes are made of lead. Sometimes I wish I did not understand English, or any language for that matter! I wish I could mute the whole world.
Sometimes I feel like I am dancing inside, and I choreograph the most beautiful dance ever. Sometimes I get a glance of myself from eternal eyes. Sometimes my spirit and body unite, and I am moved to do miracles. Sometimes I think of life, and the amazing role of God and all of his power. Some times the ring of the phone sounds like music to my ears, an escape from the chaos of my run down nest! Sometimes the computer is my best friend and worst enemy, same with the phone! Some days the laughter of my children is the best part of my day! Sometimes the thought of making dinner, and doing dishes makes me thankful for little Caesars. Sometimes when I count my many blessings I forget how to add. And sometimes my cup runneth over. And then I think, I am in charge, I have a choice, I am in the drivers seat of my life and I am in control. I have the power to focus on the good, or to focus on the bad, I create my reality, so why are some days good, and some so bad??? I think we would not know the good if we never had a taste of the bad! So I am grateful for bad days, because with out them we would not know to fully appreciate the good! So tomorrow I am going to choose to open my eyes and see the good, I am going to put on the glasses that only see the glass of life half full, and the shoes with the bouncy springs like Tigger, but why tomorrow when I can choose it today, maybe I will not get tomorrow? We really never know, so why should I waste one more moment with the dark glasses on that dim the brightness of life, they don't look good on me anyway, and I really DO have a choice. So today I choose Joy! I hope you will too!
* This was the thought on the daily motivator today! I thought it was interesting how well it went along with what I was getting at, at the end of my post, so I thought I would add it, Enjoy!
Friday, June 13, 2008
The life you choose
Life is the way you see it. Life is the way you perceive it to be.
If you constantly focus on all the things that could go wrong, things will indeed go wrong.
Turn your focus to the positive possibilities, and those possibilities begin to become real.
Expect to find the resources you seek, and they will be there. Know that life's abundance is available to you, and more of it flows through your life. From your perspective, everything is subject to your own interpretation of it. Much more important than what happens is what you make of it, and you can make of it anything you choose. You are never at the mercy of random events unless you allow yourself to be. No matter what may come your way, you can decide what it means to you and how you will integrate it into your life. The life you live is the life you choose to see and to experience. Choose, in this moment and every moment, to fill it with joy, meaningful purpose and fulfillment.
-- Ralph Marston
If you constantly focus on all the things that could go wrong, things will indeed go wrong.
Turn your focus to the positive possibilities, and those possibilities begin to become real.
Expect to find the resources you seek, and they will be there. Know that life's abundance is available to you, and more of it flows through your life. From your perspective, everything is subject to your own interpretation of it. Much more important than what happens is what you make of it, and you can make of it anything you choose. You are never at the mercy of random events unless you allow yourself to be. No matter what may come your way, you can decide what it means to you and how you will integrate it into your life. The life you live is the life you choose to see and to experience. Choose, in this moment and every moment, to fill it with joy, meaningful purpose and fulfillment.
-- Ralph Marston






4 comments:
Oh Kelsi-you summed it up so perfectly. Some days are diamonds, some days are well.... not. I constantly find I am struggling to decide if I am a good stay-at home mom. Some days I am so jealous Jer is off to outside work and I just want to run after him. But some days I can't even take my eyes off my cute kids, amazed that they are mine.
Beautiful!
wow! you are right on on my feelings too. You always write beautifully.
No One can put into words anything like you girl! I love you & am so thankful for you in my life, you have saved me more than you know. We have so many battles & truly have to seek the positive in life :)
Luvs
Post a Comment