"It is amazing what praise does for the sense of hearing"
*It is always so important to compliment your child! Here are some simple ways to let them know you notice the great things they do! I notice the more I appreciate my kids, and notice the good things they do, the more they strive to do and be better!
1. I like the way you did that.
2. Wow! Where did you learn that?
3. You figured that out all by yourself.
4. I see an improvement.
5. You must be growing up.
6. Congratulations.
7. You did that without a reminder!
8. That's a good idea.
9. I knew you could do it!
10. Tell me how you did that.
11. I'm proud of you.
12. I can tell you did your best.
13. I'm glad you did that.
14. That's even better than I expected.
15. I think that's one of your strengths.
16. You remembered!
17. Hurray!
18. Yes!
19. You do that better than I do.
20. I'm glad you learned that.
21. You are so good at that.
22. I can tell you tried hard.
23. I think you really surprised her (him).
24. It makes me happy to say you're my child.
25. I'm glad I can trust you to do that.
26. That was thoughtful.
27. You've earned a reward.
28. [Give a hug.]
29. That was hard for you, wasn't it?
30. Since you're so good at it, maybe you can help someone else.
31. That might help you with a job someday.
32. I'm glad you did that.
33. You really made him (her) happy.
34. You did it!
35. This is an exciting day.
36. Three cheers for you!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Ways to compliment your child
Posted by bows and more at 9:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE COME TO LUNCH WITH US TODAY... I TOTALLY THINK YOU SHOULD CUT YOUR HAIR LIKE THAT.. IT WOULD LOOK SO GOOD ON YOU... WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER SOON...
LOVE this! Maybe I should print it off and hang it all over my house to remind me to PRAISE! You are totally right...Love & Logic? Is this your secret to 5 AND sanity? LOL!
You are such a sweetheart to provide so many uplifting thoughts on parenting. I really like this and am going to reference it on my blog.
Post a Comment