* I found this poem and cried tonight. This is my prayer for tomorrow, May we strive to do the things in this prayer every day! I hope it inspires you as it did me! Enjoy!
Lord, Help Me to Build a Healthy Child
by Audrey Jeanne Roberts
Lord help me to build a healthy child, For it is easier to build a child then to repair an adult.
Help me praise more than criticize, encourage more than nag, Discipline, not punish, and model good behavior rather than simple demand it.
Help me break the habit of automatically saying “No”,when I could just as easily say “Yes,” and to remember a hug given before it’s asked for is ten times more valuable!
Help me ask myself, “Will this matter in 20 years?”Then enable me to let go of those things that won’t, so I can Have the energy for those that will.
Help me earn their respect as I lead a life consistent with the principles I value. Lord, give me the courage to teach them right from wrong and help them discover their own special destinies.
Help me to freely join in their silliness, share in their laughter, delight in their joys and keep their confidences. Remind me daily to draw upon your strength to heal their wounds and comfort their sorrows.
Most of all, Lord, help me really listen for the hidden thoughts and needs that often lie behind their requests and give me the key to their heart that it may be opened wide to all life’s wonders and possibilities.
Monday, October 20, 2008
A mothers prayer
Posted by bows and more at 10:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Beautiful...and such good advice.
I bet that you are a great mom.
I too love this poem- sometimes we need to hear these kinds of things to realize the little things that matter most.... our kiddos :) You always seem to inspire Kels
luvs tons
I love this! I think that we are all guilty of getting wrapped up in everyday life and this was a good reminder to enjoy the little things (my kids)!
Thanks...I definitely need to read that:)
That is a great poem. Very Inspiring. I am going to print it off and put it on my fridge. Thanks Kelsi!
I am printing this one too! Thanks Kels!
Loved it!!! I am very inspired!! It was good seeing you guys last night!
Beautiful!!!!!!
Oh, loved it. Thanks.
Post a Comment