Okay I know all I do anymore is write BOOOORing! I need to post pictures from Halloween and yada yada yada I will tomorrow, I promise. Not like you will not sleep tonight or anything if you don't see them, but I know I have been writing way more than posting pictures! So if you think my writing is boring, you can go to my side bar and find many more great options! J/K
Back to my post! So I had a sweet moment with Bridger the other day, well tonight I had a tender moment with Brexan.
Today my kids were watching videos of them from when Brexan was 3-4 years old.
And suddenly I missed him!
I missed him being 3
I missed his cute tone in his voice that some how changed over night!
I wanted to hold him, and squeeze him and magicaly have him be that 3 year old boy again!
He is BIG
He is going to be ELEVEN in like two WEEKS
Why do I feel like I want a do over with him!
Why do I feel like he got the inexperienced inpatient mom!
Why with him do I feel so much guilt???
Enough already, back to the good stuff!
Tonight he was fighting with his brothers and came down to me to tattle on someone. ( SO Fun) and I just had that "He needs his Mama, feeling!" By the way he still calls me MAMA! ( I hope he always will!)
So I told him that I was going to be watching his behavior over the next week, and that if I noticed an improvement that I would take him on a special date to Pasta Factory and what ever else he wanted to do!
And then I told him to go change into his PJ's and I would hold him and snuggle him. How is it that as Moms we go from holding them constantly to nearly never! I am glad it is gradual but I wish it never had to end!
So he ran as fast as he could and got dressed and grabbed a blanket and laid on me. He is to big to hold like a baby anymore! Even still while holding him I rocked him like a baby and he was loving it!
I was too!
I felt the spirit so strong, and knew that this was exactly what my sweet growing boy needed!
A little loving care from his MAMA!
I rocked him for 5-10 minutes( I let him decide when we were done) we listened to the music on my blog. And it was a tender moment for us both!
He is so special to me, He made my dream of being a mother come true!
I will always hold him as a sacred gift from my father in heaven!
I love him so much! Some times I need to remind myself that he is still only ten almost eleven.
I remember when he turned five and I thought he was so old, so grown up! And now I look at Bridger and he is almost five, and he is my baby boy! And still feels so little to me! It is crazy how perspective can change over time! I am realizing now how fast it really goes and I am sad to think that they are growing so fast!
So for all you Moms out there, take the time to cherish the sweet moments you have with your little ones! I offer you a challenge today! Take your oldest child, and if they will let you, wrap them up and rock them, snuggle them,and pat them like a baby. And listen to the first 3 songs, or all the songs on my blog while you do it! You will feel the spirit and have a moment that will remind you of that bond you had when they were first placed in your arms, and you became a Mother!
You know I am going to do this with each one of my babies! One is not enough! They all would enjoy a rocking from their MAMA!
I feel sad that my babies are growing up, and happy at the same time! I feel like I am on a roller coaster of emotions all the time! It is so much work keeping up with them, but yet so rewarding at the same time! I really do love being a mom!
Take that extra time out to hold and rock your babies, even your big ones! They need it too!
And today remember to let them be LITTLE! (even if they are to big for your lap!)
I am going to end with a poem that I love! Have a great day and enjoy!
come shake out your cloth,
empty the dustpan,
poison the moth,
hang out the washing
and butter the bread,
sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house
is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery,
blissfully rocking.
Oh, I've grown shiftless as Little
Boy Blue (lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping's not done
and there's nothing for stew
and out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
but I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
The cleaning and scrubbing
will wait till tomorrow,
for Children grow up,
as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep......
~Author Unknown ~






11 comments:
I am totally going to accept your challenge! My little Ava gets pushed aside a bit as my Colt demands more of my attention. But I miss her!! I LOVE your posts--don't ever think that we think that they are boring--I need them!!!
Thank you for all your inspirational posts. I love them. You always need some kind of reminder.
Kels you are the best motivator :) I love that even though Brex is getting big, he will let you hold & cuddle him... I hope my boys always will too!
I love your inspiration, you are so YOU :)
luvs
Hey Chicky Babe!!!! I am sooo happy being a mom. I can't believe how rewarding it is, and how much love I am capable of. I am savoring every moment. It is good to hear from you. Your blog is so cute and inspirational. Can you believe that I wore my cheerleading outfit on halloween? I am so LAME!!!!! It was a last minute thing. Love Kelli
You trying to make me cry? J/K. Love how your blog puts everything in perspective. The song is perfect too! Thanks for telling me about the Stovers' blog, I'm gonna check it out!
Kelsi, I totally needed to hear that.Thanks for always inspiring me to do better. I love that poem too.
You are one of the best Moms I know.
April
HOW SWEET THAT BREXAN STILL LETS YOU HOLD HIM... I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS GOING TO BE 11... WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER... LOVE YOU
You put so much thought into your post thank you for that! Keep up the good work =]
Kels,
I am going private and want to make sure that you are added to my blog.
I just got back from spending a couple of weeks with my 32 year old baby boy. You are right. They grow up way to fast.
I miss my little boy too but I am thankful that he has grown into a fine husband and father.
I'm glad that you appreciate your children while they are still with you. They grow up and leave so quickly.
You are the best writer ever!! You should write a book:) I love your posts!! You are such a sweet mom!! I bet your kids just love you soooo much!! I know I was thinking about Gracie last night and I started crying... to me she is growing up way too fast!! I love being a mother!!! I have been truly blessed!!!! You are such a sweetheart kelsi!! Love you!!
Post a Comment