Life has been tough lately...
I am not going to lie, or try and hide it.
We are going through some really hard times right now.
I have not wanted to write lately, I have been suppressing my thoughts.
I feel like they are either fake, or to negative to share.
We are loosing our home right now, as so many others in our country. There is so much uncertainty in our lives. Where will we live? Eric has some work for now, but what about in a month, or two. How will we support our family. What is to come of our future? It is very humbling to say the least.
I have prayed a lot.
There are so many lessons to be learned through our trials, and I have been trying really hard to embrace all the lessons from this experience.
I thank my Heavenly Father for this experience, because through this experience, and only through our trials can we truly know him, and his unconditional love for us! It is like friendship, you have friends you hang out with, and have a good time with. But the closest friends are the ones who hold your hand through the dark times in your life,That help you to see the light at the end of your tunnel, when you can not see. I feel that through our trials we become closest to God, and he becomes that close friend to us, he holds our hand through it, and we truly gain a stronger bond to him, so why would we not embrace our trials?
We also put into perspective what really matters most in life,
It is not things!
Not our house, or the things in it.
Not our body, or the look of perfection we all desire.
Bottom line, it is our FAMILY, and our FAITH, and really that is all that truly matters!
I really don't care where I live, it could be a 2 bedroom apartment,
if I have my family anywhere I live is HOME!
I really am thankful, I am thankful for my blessings. Thankful for my family, thankful for my faith in God, and thankful for all that I have! And even though the road has had some bumps along the way, my path will still remain on the path that is leading me to my eternal home, which is a mansion that if earned, can and will never be taken..
I know that the Lord is there, that he lives, and that he love us! I know that he is mindful of our family, and of our needs. And I am thankful for the things that matter most in life! The things that money can't buy.
Family and Faith!
And I am ever so blessed to have both!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Family and Faith
Posted by bows and more at 11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






17 comments:
Kelsi, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. We just lost our home a month a go and it really sucks! I love how strong you are in your faith, I know you will get through it. Good luck.
Wow Kelsi..... You are one awesome woman!!!! You have such a good handle on the meaning of life! What an inspiration. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up.... Love you tonz!
Kelsi, I think a lot of people are going through the same thing right now. I'm so glad you have the gospel in your life. It's what get's me through the trials in life. You are an inspiration to so many. Like Kelli said keep your chin up girlie...Love ya!
I am so sorry for what is happening to you and your family. You are in our thoughts and prayers too.
Kelsi,
I am so sorry that your going through this rough time, but I have faith that you will be alright!! Stay Strong! I am thinking of all of you.
Melissa
It's funny how life works....so sorry.
I am grateful for your blog Kels. Even though you are going through trials you are still lifting others. Every time I read one of your posts I want to be better, more grateful. Heavenly Father sure works in the darndest ways. You are so strong, keep it up. In my prayers too. Love ya Linzee
HEY GIRL...
ITS GOING TO BE ALL OK.....
TRUST ME I KNOW THIS AFTER ALL WE JUST WENT THROUGH IT ALL.. REMEMBER YOU CAN ALWAYS REPLACE YOUR HOME BUT NOT YOUR FAMILY..
HANG ON TO THEM LOVE THEM A LITTLE MORE,HUG THEM A LITTLE TIGHTER...
STAY CLOSE TO ERIC HE WILL NEED YOU MORE THEN EVER NOW..YOU ARE SO BLESSED. I LOVE YOU.. BE STRONG...
Hang in there cute girl...you are totally in our prayers!
Hey Kelsi,
Reading your blog is very touching. Makes me re-think what life is really all about. I am so sorry for what you are all going through. You are such an inspiration to me. You are strong and wonderful and you will get through this. You and your family are in my prayers. Hang in there...
Ryan & I are finding it hard to stay positive in these hard times as well. But after reading your post I feel inspired by all of my many blessings! Thank you for once again reminding me what really is important!! Your family is in my thoughts. I wish you could have made it over to April's yesterday...I would have been fun to see ya.
Kelsi,
What an amazing woman you are! Family and Faith are about the only things that seem to keep me going with our adoption trials. I know that the Lord has us go through these experiences for a reason...but man, sometimes I wonder "why?" I love you tons.
Ilove you Kels- & if only we all could have perspective like you & remember the most important things in life! We are all struggling & hoping things get better- we do know if we stay close to our Heavenly Father & family, things will be okay :) You are the greatest.......
loves
My dear Kelsi,
My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry that you are going through this difficult trial. However, I am touched by your faith and courage. I know what you say is true.... Family and Faith are the most important things in life....not material things.
However, we do need shelter and I hope that you will find a comfortable place to live. You are in my prayers and I am sending you lots of love, Grammy
Sorry I know that you don't know me, but my wonderful friend and visiting teacher Nisi told me about your blog. We are going through the same things right now. My husband just changed jobs. We are going through bankruptsy and loosing our house. Its been hard but. Like you said all that doesn' matter. To bad sometimes it takes things like this to make us reaize it. If you would like to be added to my blog you can send me an e-mail with your address to chelseacapitan@hotmail.com It makes me feel a lot better knowing that there are so many people going through the same things.
Kelsi, my kindred spirit friend...this too shall pass, and in the end you have your family, your faith and your friends...it will all work out, trust HIM. Love ya tons- call me.
Kelsi I know what you are going through. Even though Scott got a job we are still roughly 600 dollars in the whole every month and that is not counting hospital bills for Crew.
Your attitiude is the right one though, one of faith. I pray it will all be over soon for all of us, Until then our prayers are with you.
Post a Comment