12 years ago today my life changed forever...
Let me rewind back to that day, March 18, 1997.
Eric and I were married March 23,1996.
We wanted to wait a few years to have kids. About five months after we were married I started to get some promptings and feelings...
To have a baby...
I really was not ready yet. I remember even crying to Eric that I did not want to feel these feelings right now, that it was to soon, and I was not sure that I was ready to have a baby right now.
I can't remember a time in my life that I was not dreaming of becoming a mother! I was born to be a Mommy, It was my life's dream!
But I wanted to wait a few years and have some time alone to connect with Eric, and enjoy the married life a little bit first. I remember when I told Eric about my feelings, he was not sure he felt the same way at first. He went to church that Sunday after I first told him and everything was about family, and not waiting to start your family. He said that he thought about it the whole day. So we decided to pray together about it. We had prayed to ask if we should be married. I can tell you that I know that the Lord sends answers to prayers. When we prayed we felt a warmth go through our whole bodies from the top of our heads down to our toes. It felt like a warm glass of water being poured through us! We both felt it. At the same time, holding hands and squeezing them tightly knowing our answer. This was the same warm feeling we had when we asked if we should be married!
So we decided to start our family,
ready or not!
Well it took some time,
about six months. I know for some people that is nothing.
But I have to tell you I am not a patient person at all, so it seemed like forever!
I made an appointment to see the Doctor for my yearly exam so that if I was pregnant I could find out, and if not we could find out what was going on. I took a home test the night before and it was faintly, faintly, positive. So I thought it was negative for sure. So I went to the Dr. thinking I was not Pregnant. I told the Doctor. "Well I'm not pregnant again" He said we could do some tests, and try to find out what was going on. He did my exam and he said that I felt like I was Pregnant. He said lets do a blood test, expect it to be negative and then we could go from there on the testing. About 15 min. later he came in. He said "It's faintly positive" I said "so I'm kind of pregnant?" Ha ha! He said no that I was indeed pregnant! I remember standing in line waiting to pay, and make my next appointment. I had a strong feeling that it was a boy! I drove to Eric's work to tell him the good news, he did not believe me at first because I tease him a lot, and I had taken a negative test the night before! He made me go get another urine test to prove it to him! And there was indeed two lines!
So today 12 years ago I got some pretty amazing news, I found out that my dream of being someones Mommy was going to come true... It was the beginning of a new life forming inside of me... A piece of heaven coming to earth! My life and purpose here on earth was about to change forever, because I was going to be someones Mommy, and someone was choosing ME to be their eternal care taker!
Nine months, morning sickness, some cravings that lead to a extra 50 lbs!, and a few scares later my precious baby Brexan was born...
I am so thankful for the sweet prompting to begin his life...
For because of him I became a Mommy!
He was the beginning of my journey into motherhood!
And the beginning of my eternal family!
I love you Brex! Thanks for making my dreams come true!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
12 years ago today...
Posted by bows and more at 5:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
That is such a sweet post. I felt so much the same to get to be a mother...and so much the same when it took forever to get pregnant. Those kids sure are lucky to get you.
Post a Comment