Friday, March 20, 2009

Love letters, E-mails, and dandelions too!

dandelions are not my favorite flower... but when they are picked out of love by my tender five year old and given with the hope of my sheer delight and happiness some how they become so!

The other day I came into my bed room and noticed fresh spring blossom flowers scattered one by one on my night stand. Dylan followed me into my room to watch me notice his sweet surprise!
It really is the thought that counts...
My heart feels so full tonight as I think of the tenderness of my sweet boys!
Boys love their moms
I feel so blessed that heavenly father loved me so much that he would send me four of them!
What an honor it is to be their Mom!
I truly feel so loved!
And so thankful!
Thankful that these special guys choose me, and choose our family!

Love notes...

Who does not love a sweet love note now and then?
I have had the sweetest love notes from my boys!
A few months ago I got to be the mystery reader for Dylan's class at school. I took the book
I love you so! By Marianne Richmond. It is such a great book! I talked to the kids about how much their parents love them, and challenged them to write a note to tell them how much they love, and appreciate them. When Dylan came home from school he handed me a love note. It was honestly one of the sweetest ones I have ever received. He wrote that he loved me so much he could say it a million times! And said that he was thankful that he choose to be my son. It made my day! And made me feel so loved!

E-mails

Today I got a surprise E-mail... Not one that I needed to forward to 12 people in 12 min. or anything like that. I opened my e-mail to find a love note from Dylan. It is spring break. The kids have been out of school all week and we have done a few things for fun, we have gone to the park, and they have played outside in the beautiful sunny weather. But we don't have the money to do the fun things a lot of their friends are doing. Like going camping, or to California. I think my boys feel a little bit sad about it. They have been on the computer out of boredom a lot lately too! So today when I saw a email from Dylan it was a sweet surprise. It said in the title of his email I love you... Here is a copy of our emails today.

My Email from Dylan-

i love you mom your the best mom ever in the world i would do anything to spend time with you

So after reading it I gave him a hug and said I loved him too. Then I helped him put the sheets on his bed. I asked him if he felt like I gave him enough time and attention. He said that he felt like I gave the little kids a lot of time, affection, and attention but not as much to him, and then he said "but you are still a really great mom!" I felt so bad! I really need to make time for more one on one time with my older kids. Ava and Bridger get me all day, and demand my time and attention. It is easy sometimes with the craziness of life to unintentionally not give my older kids the time and attention they need. It made me think of the quote on my side bar

"So frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time."
~Thomas S. Monson~

Here is the email I sent back to Dylan-

Dylan, I love you too! You are such a wonderful son! I appreciate you and all you do for our family! You are such a great brother and such a good helper with Ava! I am the luckiest Mom in the whole wide world! I am sorry if I don't spend enough time with you! We need to go on a date and have some special one on one time together! Thanks for the love note! It made my day! I love being your Mom! You are such a great Kid! Love you forever and ever! Love, Mom

Then we decide to create our own fun and have a camp out in the backyard. We made a fire pit and roasted marshmallows and told spooky stories... I loved looking at my boys by the light of the fire, they had a sparkle in their eyes from the fun they were having. We went on vacation tonight with out leaving home, or spending a lot of money. And we created memories that will hopefully be engraven in their hearts forever. No we did not go to California, or really leave and go camping but we created a outdoor campfire, made smores and had a really great time spending what matters most on each other, not money but time! It was great! And then tonight I had another sweet email from Dylan saying thank you!
Here is a copy of his email-

thanks for camping with us, thanks for all you do, thanks for being my mom. i love you so much you are the best mom in the world your the best ever its truely true. i love so much you know for being the best mom in the world

I may not be the best mom in the world, infact I am pretty sure that I am not!
but I can tell you this for sure.
I am one lucky one!

4 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

you have the sweetest little boys ever! we will be there next weekend hope to see you.

Mandy said...

Oh Kelsi I loved this post!! It is sooo sweet!! I love having boys mostly for this reason! They really can make your day! You have some sweet boys!! As a mother you sometimes wonder if they notice all the things you do or when you don't do them, these kind of days make being a mom so worth it!! I am so glad you shared this! There is NOTHING better than your time I had this same lesson recently!!

Christina P. said...

This was a great post! 5 minutes before getting on my computer, one of my boys brought me in a "floweed". Its cute to me every time they do that! I love that Dylan is emailing you! That is so sweet! You are a great mom and you don't give yourself enough credit! Your kids absolutely adore you! That to me says it all!

Stucki's said...

Kelsi you have such a great relationship with your kids!! It shows! It is the little things that matter in life! I know that I cherish the days my mom and I would spend alone time together..just the two of us! We would go to lunch and shopping:) You are such a great example!!