Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Little Boys ( What they are really made of)

* Here is a poem that I wrote the other night about my little boys! You Moms out there with boys will probably relate! Enjoy!

Little Boys
( What they are really made of)
Little boys bring lots of joys this fact is very true
But there is so much more to little boys
Sit back and let me tell you!

A dirty face, and skinned up knees
Holes in socks, and climbing trees
Using all the linens for blanket forts
Worn out jeans, and cut off shorts

Sticks and swords to play and fight
Spooky stories told at night!
Catching bugs, frogs, and lizards too!
These are a few things boys like to do.

Touch down, goal, hit a home run!
Cowboy boots, and of course a gun
Robots, trains, and building things with tools
Jumping on beds, and breaking the rules!

Hide and seek, and fly a kite
Sleeping outside under the moon light
Video games, collecting cards and throwing rocks too!
These are a few things boys like to do!

Camping, fishing, enjoying the out doors
Spilling apple juice on my freshly mopped floors
Grass stains, and mud pies, and sand in their hair
Lost shoe, mismatched clothes, and “what?” No underwear!

Chasing the ice cream man down with bare feet.
Riding scooters and bikes in the middle of the street
Playing basket ball, foot ball, and soccer too!
These are a few things boys like to do.

Teasing girls, and making them cry
Asking a million questions especially “why?”
Distressing furniture, and swinging from the blinds
Sometimes you wonder what goes on in their minds!

But really boys are not always so bad
They’re cute, and they’re funny, though they make you so mad
From a Mom of boys I can tell you it’s true
There are lots of sweet things that little boys do too!

They pick you flowers, and write love notes so sweet
They give big hugs and kisses that can not be beat!
They love you, and comfort you, far or near.
They honor you, protect you and hold you so dear

One day your little boy will grow up to be a man
So remember to have lots of patience,
and love and enjoy them, all that you can!

8 comments:

Burnett Family said...

LOVE IT!!! Kelsi, I think that poem describes my boys to a perfect T especially the No underwear part! You are so creative and talented. I love reading your posts!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a wonderful poem. Beautifully put!! Way to go Kelsie...you wrote a tender poem with great insight.

Love, Lura

Mandy said...

Oh Kelsi this is exactly how boys are and you did a wonderful job writing it!! Way to go, you have a wonderful talent for writing!! What a fun post!! I could totally relate to this post!! Thanks for sharing your incredibleness!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved it. You're awesome at poetry. When are you ever going to write that dancing poem book?

DANIELLE HENDERSON said...

WAY CUTE KELS... I HOPE I HAVE A LITTLE BOY ONE DAY:) YOUR KIDS ARE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU FOR A MOM... I LOVE YOU...

Lisa said...

What a cute well put poem..I am totally copying this and posting on my blog..do you mind? It is EXACTLY as you put it. I love it! Thanx for sharing your talent!

Hickman Fam said...

Perfectly put...and very true! Boys are the best. That is my life. I agree with the no underwear thing, What's with that anyway? Brax went without it at a soccer game (of all places, short, flowing shorts!!!)! I love your blog Kels and I was so glad to see you yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I love this! It is so true, they can be into so much mischief but they can also be so sweet!