Saturday, May 16, 2009

I can do hard things

I am tired...
Tired of messes...
Tired of standing on my feet for hours... and sometimes until 1 am
Tired of wondering about our future
Tired of missing my kids
Tired of rolling silverware, and being at the bottom of the food chain at work
Tired of wearing all black ( to work )
Tired of my neck and back aching
OK enough complaining... maybe you are tired of reading already!
I find myself feeling like a ping pong ball in the middle of a game.
I get feeling down and tired and then...
I pick myself back up and refocus on my blessings and try with all my might to not focus on the bad. It is a constant up and down battle.

Life is tough! But you have to be tougher! ( I learned that from the song in land before time lol )
When I started work I hated it! I hated my trainer!
She was far from nice to me, and clearly enjoyed picking on the new girl!
I felt stupid and somewhat, no completely out of my element! On the last night of my training I really wanted to throw in the towel and QUIT! I had a table that even noticed that she was not treating me very nice, and complained to my manager.
Just the day before I had to go in to the bathroom at work and have a good cry from the frustration.

I am proud I stuck it out!

As I walked out to my car that last night of training. Exhausted both mentally, and physically I had the thought come to me " I can do hard things!"
I was a sub in Relief Society a month or so ago and I did my lesson on the talk given in the Oct. conference by Elaine Dalton. She talked about having a plate that had engraved on it " I can do hard things!" And in the end of her talk she said if she could now change that saying it would read " With the Lord I can do all things!" I am so thankful that little saying came to my mind in my time of weakness! I know that it was the Lord reminding me of my strength. Holding me up so to speak in my time of need. Sometimes answers come in ways we are not expecting.
I know that I can do this job.
I know that God is aware of me, and my challenges.
I know that with the Lord I can, and will do all things!
And I am thankful for the little reminder that night in my time of need that
" I can do hard things!"
And you know what...
So can you!

8 comments:

Christina P. said...

Kelsi, you are amazing! I am so coming in there and kicking that girls butt! Mean girls suck! Kill her with kindness! Seriously, that shows that you are a tough girl to not just stop what you were doing and walk right out. Ive seen people do it. Stick with it and it will better! People are always mean to the new person which is so lame! Stay Strong Sister!

Mandy said...

Girl you are amazing!! I must say I am not as tough as you!! I tried waitressing and I quit on my third day!! I hated the mean people I would get at lunch time!! That is hard stuff! I am proud of you for sticking to it!! You are so nice it is hard to imagine anyone being mean to you! I agree kill her with niceness!! You are so better than that!! Stay the rock you are and you will be the greatest waitress ever!! :) Good luck to you! The Lord really does make us stronger in our weakest moments!!

Camie said...

I agree Kelsi--you are incredible! And certainly you are great at your job just like everything else you do. I always love to read your uplifting messages that come straight from your soul. Lots of love!!!

Stucki's said...

Kelsi you really are AMAZING!! You are such a strong person and you will get through the hard times. Just keep your head up and don't worry about that mean girl. She's just jealous cause your one hott mama, and so dang cute:) Always keep your head up!! Love ya!!

Danielle Christiansen said...

why does there have to be such mean people out there. i bet you do a fabulous job. I hope her manager spoke to her.

Melissa said...

Kelsi
I know it has been awhile since I visited your blog,but holly cow things have changed!! It sounds like you have a good/solid plan!! I was wondering if you could email me and help me name my babies? You are so good with coming up with cute names and I am not! I have some idea's but wondering if you think they are strange/not spelled right? Anyway if you get time in the next 6 weeks email me!! melmilisa@yahoo.com

Thanks
Melissa (yesallfivearemine.blogspot.com)

Grammy Staffy said...

Ahh... dear Kelsi... I am sorry that your trainer is not nice to you... I am sorry this job is hard for you... but you are right... You CAN do hard things...God is with you. My thought and prayers are also with you. I am wishing you the best. Much Love, Lura

Megan Andersen said...

Kelsi, your strength definitely surpasses my own--I am truly touched by your soul. It is so beautiful!

I just wanted to let you know that I am going private--so please leave me your email. Thanks Sista!!