Monday, May 11, 2009

It's been a while

So its been a while...

A while since I took a moment to write my thoughts that go spinning round and round in my little head.

A lot has been going on.

Of course... I don't quite know where to start.

We are setting a new course for our life. Blazing a new trail so to speak.

I am scared. I hate uncertainty, there really is no certainty in life! Life is unknown so why wast time fearing something you have no control over any way.

One thing I am certain of is that being in construction right now SUCKS

And I am certain that I don't want to stay here for the rest of our lives.
It is so up and down and lately it is too far down and I think we are pretty much SUNK!

So where do we go from here? We can continue and live a life of little to no work and barely get by for the rest of our lives or until the economy turns around. Or we can be really brave and jump ship and swim like crazy and try not to drown!

OK where am I going with all this you might ask???

Well we have decided to jump ship and swim like CRAZY!

Eric is going to go back to school and work PT

I am working full time as a waitress at Players Sports Grill! Crazy I know!

So here we are 30ish with 5 kids and we finally know what we want to be when we grow up

Eric is really smart in school. Lucky for me! School was not my thing. So we are blessed that he has got the brains to do the school thing.

He is going to be a pharmacist. The job out look is good ( lots of old sick people who need drugs)and the pay is great!
We have a long 5-6 year road up ahead. but when you look at life 5-6 years will fly by, and it will fly by anyway.

If you want things to change... You have to change...

So we are doing something different...
Something I never thought we would be doing...
It will be scary... But so is hoping the economy will change and that life in construction will be better soon.
I am too impatient, and I am way to sick and tired of living the contractors life of hoping for work and then praying you will get paid.

So Eric is going from a STONER to a DRUG DEALER! Ha Ha!

Wish us luck!
We have a long road ahead
But hopefully there will be a pot of gold at the end of our rainbow!

11 comments:

Burnett Family said...

I think that sounds great! We went to Players last week and was sad you weren't there:( I guess we'll have to go back again. Carson loves the peanut butter banana fudge sandwich! Good luck with the new adventure, you are right 5-6 years will fly by!

The Hansen Family said...

Hey, school totally flies by. Trust me I know. It seems like a long road, but you guys will do great. Call us anytime with Pharmacy School questions. We've been there. Not with 5 kids, but we definitely understand the school thing. Good Luck!

Tyler and Ericka said...

That will be so worth it! School goes by really fast and will be done before you know it! Hang in there and keep your new endeavors updated for the rest of us!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Kels that is sooo CRAZY-- cuz Jas is going back to school too & guess what?-- he has thought about Pharmacy too!!! WILD :) I just wish we could stay here to do it.. he is going to continue working in TX & probably do it there....
I am happy for you guys- life is never what we think, but you are always willing to do what you have to. Best of luck -we are blessed to have smart hubby's :)
loves

bethi said...

Thats a good way to go...anything medical I think. my hubby is in the nursing program right now (we only have 3 kids), either way It will go fast! (I keep tellin myself).
ps.I am all about trades too! email me, and we can get in touch if your still interested! I would LOVE that! bethistarr@hotmail.com

Danielle Christiansen said...

wow! It has been a long time since we talked. My friends husband loves being a pharmacist. Scott being a general contractor killed us too. And now with over 10,000 in hospital bills from Crew, McKenzie and now me. I am thinking the same thing.
Luckily my photography is booming and My salon is going strong, But I fear we will have to claim bankruptcy.
So are you moving?
What are you doing with the kids while you work? You will make a great waitress.You are such a great people person I bet your tips will be fabulous. good luck to you both. keep us posted.

sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

I'm proud of you guys.

Becca said...

Kelsi-
WOW! That is so great. Good for Eric. It's a big life change that is for sure. Again- WOW! When are we going to see you guys? How is the waitress thing going? Is it only at night so Eric has the kids or what?

Troy and Jeni Miller said...

You guys will THRIVE! One of the best things you have going for you right now is your Great Positive Attitude! Amazingly enough, that is one thing that can carry you along when times are rough! It's looking into the future and knowing you will be okay, rather than seeing the here and now and convincing yourself you will never make it. You both are great people, and deserve the best. So, Good For You! That you are taking the opportunity to grab it!

Mandy said...

Kelsi I am sorry you guys are going through all of this right now!! You both seem amazingly strong and optomistic and that is really half the battle!! My husband is a nurse and he has also decided to go onto be a nurse practitioner. NOT excited to do the whole school thing over again. BUT I know it will be a blessing. I Know you guys can do this and that it will be a blessing!! Keep your chin up and go through the mud and it will be worth it!!