Saturday, March 6, 2010

Be in the moment...

"Treasure the doing a little more, and the getting done a little less."

I have really struggled with this lately, and for a while now really.

I have never wanted to fast forward my life so much before now. Our situation has been so hard and so uncertain for a while now.

I want Eric to be done with school!

I don't want my kids to grow up! But unfortunately it is happening anyway!

I want to press pause on my kids and have them stay little, and I really don't want to get older (believe me).

I just want to be in a different situation.

I know that good things come to those who wait, but I really am tired of waiting patience has never been one of my virtues!

So today I am going to try harder to be in the moment of this part of my life,
and try harder to see the roses despite the thorns.

And "Treasure the doing a little more, and the getting done a little less."

3 comments:

sarah said...

kelsi it will get better hang in there it WILL ALL be worth it...
remember take only one day at a time and cherish the moment..
we miss you all !!!!
love you....

It's all Good- The Allen Fam said...

Very wise indeed..I so agree....

Mandy said...

Hey Kelsi first off thank you for your comment on my blog!! You are always so sweet!!
I can totally relate to the don't want them to get any older!!!!!!! I love my kids' ages!! They are so fun and I will miss them ever so much and I don't know what I would do without them to worry about all day long!! I miss them when they are just gone to grandmas or whatever!! I think you are a wonderful mother and wife!! I can also relate to the wanting your husband to be done with school and fast forward to the end!! WOuld be nice!! Anyways just wanted to say hi and that you are wonderful!!