Do you have a problem?
Need to feel better fast?
I can help!
I have the cure all for any aliment!
Want to know the secret?
OK, here goes
Its GRATITUDE!
when ever you get down and blue,
do you know what you should do?
Count your blessings!
It works!
Really!
You can do it any time, night or day you don't need a prescription!
count your blessings every day and your life will be better than description!
OK so that was kind of, OK really cheesy, but it got your attention right!
Today I have felt humbled, and very grateful for the blessings I have in my life.
Life really is what we choose to focus on. One of my favorite quotes is by Oprah her self she says.
"When we focus on what we don't have, we will never have enough, when we focus on what we do have, we always have enough."
It really is a choice to choose to be grateful for what we DO have, and to give gratitude for the blessings in our lives! Today I have felt gratitude for the simple things in life, things I take for granted almost every day. Today I held Bridger and as he fell asleep in my arms I put my hand to his chest and felt his little healthy heart beating, I gave gratitude to God for the sweet healthy heart beating in my little boys chest. I have never done that before, and it felt good. I am so thankful for the blessing of health. I am so thankful for my wild crazy healthy boys, and my sweet soft healthy girl. I am so thankful for my health, that I can wake up every morning and take care of my family's needs. I am so thankful for Eric's health, that he has the strength to physically work and provide for our family. I am so thankful to be alive and enjoying the crazy ups and downs of life. I am just so thankful, and I thought I should share, so maybe today you can find simple things to be thankful for to! I am so thankful for a loving heavenly father who has blessed me with so many wonderful blessings to be thankful for! And I am thankful for you, even if I don't know you! Have a happy day, and choose to focus on all the many wonderful blessings you enjoy!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Gratitude
Posted by bows and more at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
You don't know me but you posted on one of my friends blogs and that brought me here ... I also have 5 kiddo's 4 boys and a girl but my girl is the oldest.. Anyway your blog is so great!! I just wanted to tell you that.. Also I have the Trace Adkins your going to miss this song playing on my blog and I am sure I will miss this!! It is nice to read your wonderful words about your adorable children!
Melissa
How true it is. I try to remember to be thankful and write in my gratitude journal. It always makes me feel better and appreciate what I do have.
kelsi,
I see you have visited my blog.. Speaking of names WOW.. I love Bridger how super cute is that??? I don't know if you get it a lot but people always ask "are they all yours" what a silly question sometimes it makes my blood boil!!! I didn't read this post unitl after I already posted a comment, but now that I do it is exactly what I have been feeling since Ava died...I actually don't know Amy Ava's mommy but I went to school for years with her Daddy.. Some how Amy makes me a better mother just through her words!! Anyway I don't come across to many women with five kids so I am sure I will check back often!!!
Melissa
what a great reminder! I have not been on the gratitude wagon lately. I need to remember how lucky I am to have FOUR healthy boys. Thanks!
Hey Kelsi,
I know how you hate private blogs, but I need your email because I going to make the switch.
Post a Comment