Tuesday, November 25, 2008

In times like these we need a little gratitude

I have not written for a while... I mean written from my heart. I feel like the world around us is such a downer right now! The glass is so half empty, if not empty for so many right now! I feel sad that we are going through such a time of financial crisis and that so many good people are struggling. Us included. It is so easy to get down and feel sad and sorry for the current circumstance's of our country.

But to be honest I think it is good. Let me tell you why. I feel it is in times of our trials that we really learn to focus on what matters most. Our family! Sunday at church I felt the spirit so strong, I felt so humbled, and so thankful. And I counted my blessings as I looked at my family. Mind you I wanted to kill them minutes earlier while we were getting ready for church. I feel like a crazy mom sometimes, one moment I want to run as far, and as fast away from them, and then sometimes I wish I had 17 like that lady on TLC. OK not really, but I am often sad that we are done having our family. I know to the world that sounds crazy, and if I am crazy to the world that is OK with me! The worlds standards are crazy if you ask me!

I feel so blessed! And as we celebrated Thanksgiving this past week it is a great time to focus on our blessings! I know that when we focus on our blessings our trials seem smaller, so here is a list of some things I am thankful for!( in no particular order) Happy Thanksgiving!

1. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father for all that he has given me! For Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice that we might be able to repent and be forgiven and have eternal life, and live with our family's forever!


2. I am thankful for my testimony of the Gospel. For the guidance it is for me and my family! For the knowledge of the plan of salvation.


3.I am thankful for Eric my lover and best friend! I love him with all that I am! He is my eternal soul mate! In good times and in bad! He is my big security blanket from this crazy world! I love to wrap my self securely in his hug! He loves me unconditionally, and makes me feel so good about myself! I have never meet a more non judgemental person than Eric!


4. I am thankful to be a Mother of five beautiful children! Each one is so special to me in different ways! Like the different spices that you add to a fabulous dish each one of my kids adds a different flavor to the mix!



5. I am thankful for Brexan! I love his giggle, his smile, his cheek bones, that he has my hair, his sense of humor, when he says "sure Mom!" His beautiful almond shaped eyes, his round forehead, and his pinkie toenail! I know it sounds weird but I love it! It is large not squished in there! I love that he is so smart in math. He is such a blessing in my life!



6.I am thankful for Dylan! I love his big puppy dog eyes, his smile, his gentle sweet personality, his wonder of the world. I love that he is so artistic and loves to draw, and write! I love that he loves animals and babies. He will make such a great daddy some day! I love the soft spot on the back of his head after he gets his hair cut! He is such a great boy! And such a great helper! I love my Dylan!



7.I am thankful for Stetler! I love how passionate he is for life! He is such a lover! I love how affectionate he is with me, and how protective he is! I love his deep dimples in both cheeks and his dark skin! I love his blue eyes that look like the ocean! I love to snuggle with him! He is such a good boy and has added such a great measure of happiness to me and my life!



8. I am so thankful for Bridger! He is such a fun kid! He makes me laugh and says the cutest things! I love his big greenish blue eyes that you can see his entire eyelid when open, and dimple in his chin! I love the way he talks! I love holding him, and have treasured him as my baby boy!

9. I am so thankful for Ava! My heart has grown 100 times in size from having her in my life! She is everything I could have dreamed of and more! I can't tell you the number of times I prayed for her! She is such a joy in my life! I love having pink in my laundry, and dolls around the house that actually belong here! I love that she already loves to dance! She is so beautiful! She has made me and our family complete! I also love how she can turn her daddy to mush when I doll her all up! What a blessing she is to us!

10. I am so thankful for my parents and brothers and sister! My Mom has assisted me so much in my life, I can't imagine my life with out her! She is the most giving, loving person I know! I am thankful for my dad, he is such a hard worker and has taught me so much about life. I appreciate how much they love me and my family! They are such great grandparents and I feel so blessed that my kids have someone in there life who loves them as much as me! I am thankful for my sister, it has been fun to have little girls together! Maybe God was saving Ava for the end so we could enjoy raising them together! I love my brothers Cody and Jordan. I have always looked up to my brother Cody, he has been such a great example to me in so many ways! I am thankful for Jordan, he has always had such a tender heart and been such a sweet brother! I am so happy that he lives closer and look forward to spending more time with him!

11. I am thankful for Eric's family! They are my family too! I have been so blessed to have the last name Ackley! I love them so much! They are the most non judgemental people I have ever met and I know that they love me unconditionally.

12. I am thankful for friends! I have the best friends in the world! I am truly grateful for the love and support of my friends and think of them as some of my most prized possessions! I truly don't know what I would do with out them! They are my strength when I am weak and help me see through my problems and trials to better days!

13. I am thankful to live in such a beautiful safe place!

14. I am thankful for blogging and the friends I have found and have made!
( I got to talk to one on the phone yesterday, what a treat! I really enjoyed talking to you Lura! You are such a sweetheart! And such a great friend!)

15. I am thankful for health

16. I am thankful for the little things that make life so full like laughter, smiles, snuggles, Eskimo kisses, hand squeezes that mean I love you, hugs, chocolate, girls nights, family time, music, the ocean and beauty of nature, giving and receiving back and foot rubs, handmade treasures hung all around the house, the way little eyes light up from the magic of Christmas, I lub yous, thank yous and so much more!

I want to end with a thought on gratitude that my visiting teacher gave me, may we all remember how blessed we are, and live life with gratitude in our hearts! Have a great day!

The following is something to ponder if you don't know what to be thankful for.

"If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation... you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church or synagogue meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death ... you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very rare, even in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful ... you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold some one's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder ... you are blessed because you can offer a healing touch.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

11 comments:

Christina P. said...

That was a great post!! I actually read the whole thing!! I am like a kid, I like to look at the pictures! Thanks again for the headband!! It is sooo cute! I was more excited about that than her actual dress! You are very talanted!

Melissa said...

That was a very moving post.. Thank you for the wake up call this morning...
Melissa
www.yesallfivearemine.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Sure Kelsi you can add me to your Favorites!! I still have chills from you post this a.m.... think I need to do a "I am Thankful for Post" I may copy you!!
Melissa
www.yesallfivearemine.blogspot.com

Amy said...

great post! this might be the best holiday yet!! no need for money, well all be just fine:) where you been stranger. lets get together! game night??

Amy said...

ps nice background, we have the same taste!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

So touching, as always coming from you Kels! You are so inspirational & I love that you find good in everything :) thank you for being such a great friend for sooo many years.
Love ya lots

Persnickety Prints said...

Kelsi,
email me your family holiday photo, what you want it to say, i will design it, send you a poof & then upload it to Costco in St George for you to pick up if you want!
chari@scrappingsimply.com

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a great post! I also think this recession is needed. I'm sorry that so many are struggling, but we had to be careful before this happened and I think that is good. America as a whole was careless and greedy and it was time to make a change.

I love your list of thankful. You are one lucky woman!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a beautiful and touching post. You have a lovely family...so do I. We are surely blessed aren't we.

I so enjoyed visiting with you on the phone. I am sorry that the flu bug kept us apart but I look forward to meeting you in real life ...I hope before too long.

Have a great weekend. Love, Grammy Lura

Lynell said...

So beautiful. What a great reminder. I love the way you write. Always so inspirational. You are awesome!

Megan Andersen said...

Aahhhh, the perfect taste of inspiration this morning...what a great way to start out my crazy monday! Everything you said so true...I watch these programs on 3rd world countries. I love it because it reminds me again at what a blessing even running water is!!