Friday, August 7, 2009

Just thoughts

The summer is almost over
Oh where did it go? We have had some fun times ,and some not so fun times.
why, oh why must kids fight so much? I am so tired of the non stop fighting, and the messes oh the messes but I want to focus on some good things for a minute. It is crazy how easy it is to focus on the bad things in life and how quickly the positive things can be gone in a blink of the eye.
So the highlight of our summer was going up and going to Lagoon and seven peaks. We left Ava with her new favorite babysitter Lena or yena as Ava would say it and took the 4 boys to lagoon for the day. We lost stetler twice and Bridger once while we were looking for Stetler.
Dylan went on the rocket first thing and got a sick stomach for most the day. Some of my high lights of the day were the excitement of seeing Brexan enjoy himself so much! It is crazy how as you get older and have kids you live for their enjoyment and happiness. I loved when he and Eric went off and went on ride after ride and Brexan said to me " Dad is like my best friend!" That made my whole day to hear him say that! Then when Brexan put his arm around Bridger and told him about the ride that they were waiting in line for,then he helped him in his seat and did his seat belt for him. It made me so happy to see him want his little brother have fun and enjoy the ride as much as he did! Bridger was so brave for a 5 year old! My highlight of the day was at the end of the day I got some Mommy and Bridger time! We took off alone hand in hand and rode rides together! He loved the tidal wave and the lady bug drop which were pretty safe for my neck so we made a good pair! We went on the little dragon roller coaster and it was crazy we saw three live raccoons on the top of the ride. I really enjoyed my little Bridger! Stetler was a whole other story! He could talk the talk, but not walk the walk! Before we went he was talking about all the rides he was going to go on. I was so excited and thought he was going to have such a blast this year unlike 2 years ago. But he was still not quite ready for the rides this year. He almost went on the little dragon roller coaster. He waited in line 5-6 times and would go up to the ride and then high tail it to the exit only to go get back in line wait like 5-10 mins to repeat the process! He is such a fun kid most the time, but Lagoon really was not his thing.
Dylan teased him and said " you should get a shirt that says I love kiddie rides!" That made Stet cry pretty hard and Dylan got in trouble for that! Dylan sure can tease! We did have to go to the missing kids area to find Stetler and had to report Bridger missing when we were looking for Stetler again! I think that they probably red flagged us by the end of the day as being a cause for concern! I tell ya these boys and girl keep us on our toes! We had a fun time I will continue later about our seven peaks day! I am tired and need to hit the hay! My neck is doing a little better but I don't want to push it!

2 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Even with having missing kids from time to time, it sounds like you had a great time. Last year Lynell's family had summer passes to Lagoon. They had so much fun there.

I am glad that your neck is getting better. I hope you will continue to improve.

Megan Andersen said...

It doesn't get better than good ol' Lagoon! Do they still have that magic carpet ride there?? I love the way you make moments with your kids...you really are an inspiring mother to me.