Friday, August 14, 2009

A womans prayer

* My Mom sent me this in an e-mail to funny not to share!

A woman's prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my shape to keep.
Please no wrinkles
Please no bags
And please lift my butt before it sags.
Please no age spots
Please no grey
And as for my belly, please take it away.
Please keep me healthy
Please keep me young,
And thank you Dear Lord for all that you've done.
AMEN


These are words of wisdom from Audrey Hepburn
*Such great advice!

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

4 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

I needed that prayer years ago...now it is too late!

Love Audrey's advice. It comes at a good time since I am fretting over turning 65.

Have a good weekend. Love, Lura

Danielle Christiansen said...

you always have such wonderful inspirational things on your blog

bethi said...

I love it!!!
lets get the boys together soon!! They really had lots of fun!!
give me a call....lov ya!

It's all Good- The Allen Fam said...

Love your poems..and quotes...