Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Quote from Thomas S. Monson

I found this quote from another blog and had to share it.

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered around the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will - to your surprise - miss them profoundly."

- President Thomas S. Monson


Everywhere I look I see things screaming for my attention
Laundry, dishes, piles of papers that need sorted the list goes on!
I know that one day I will miss this.
I will not miss the mess and the hand prints every where but will miss the little hands that make them.
I will not miss having loads of laundry, but will miss the cute little kiddos that wear them.
I will miss having a little one that I can hold on my lap.
I will miss their cute little voices and funny things that they say.
I know one day I truly will be sad and wish this time back.
I am thankful for the messy house because it means I have 5 little ones to hold and to love! And tomorrow I will make mistakes I might wish a few things away but I am going to try harder to remember to treasure them and be grateful for this precious time that goes all to fast!
Because I know that one day I will truly miss this!

4 comments:

It's all Good- The Allen Fam said...

Love that post! So so true...

Amy said...

that is true! i just love the little fingerprints on my TV i get mad when Nick is always wiping them off :) how you been stanger. havent seen you lately! hope your busy life is awesome!

Mandy said...

I forgot to tell you that I loved this post!! I know I will miss everything about my kids even the things I hate!! If I really take the time to think about them growing up I get horribly sad!! THey are so much fun right now and they love you for doing even the small things!! I will for sure miss them!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sparks in the Desert said...

That is so true! Thanks for sharing!